TICKET TO THE IITs AND NITs
nEW Process Common Counselling for IITs and NITs can and offer "Best choice seats" to candidates as of Now:
- currently , the IITs are using the seat allocation software was developed bt IIT Delhi; this software was updated in 2012 with the help of centre for advanced Computing.
- For NITs, Central Seat Allocation Board(CSAB) is using seat allocation software initially developed by C-DAC and then subsequently maintained by NITs. In addition, C-DAC developed the complete software for the proposed Joint - seat Acceptance committee (JSAC) , in 2013, in consultation with IITs/NITS. The software module, as developed by C-DAC has most of the functions except online counselling.
- Candidates have to Register online after the declartion of the JEE (Advanced) results.
- After registration , aspirants are allowed to fill the choice - filling form in order of preference from the list of available seats.
- The course allocation is done on the basis of the candidate's all India Rank he/she gets based on the performance in JEE (ADVANCED) and the courses he/she selects in the choice filling form.
- There were three rounds of online counselling in JEE(Advanced) 2014.
- Candidates can get provisional admission after counselling.
- There is separate counselling for the NITs.